Fishes in the Argentine Sea from 1967 to the present time
Latest version published by ArOBIS Centro Nacional Patagónico on Nov 17, 2016 ArOBIS Centro Nacional Patagónico
Dataset based on the data obtained during fishery research cruises in the Argentine Sea between 1966 and the present time. Numerous fishery research trips have been made in the Argentine sea during the last 40 years. The aim of this database was to collect all the observational data of the different fish species since 1966 to be displayed together.
The data in this occurrence resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 5,449 records.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
Download the latest version of this resource data as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A) or the resource metadata as EML or RTF:
|Data as a DwC-A file||download 5,426 records in English (118 KB) - Update frequency: unknown|
|Metadata as an EML file||download in English (8 KB)|
|Metadata as an RTF file||download in English (8 KB)|
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Gosztonyi A E (2015): Fishes in the Argentine Sea from 1967 to the present time. v1.10. ArOBIS Centro Nacional Patagónico. Dataset/Occurrence. http://arobis.cenpat-conicet.gob.ar:8081/resource?r=argentina-cenpat-fishes&v=1.10
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is ArOBIS Centro Nacional Patagónico. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial (CC-BY-NC) 4.0 License.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: 83e29da0-f762-11e1-a439-00145eb45e9a. ArOBIS Centro Nacional Patagónico publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by Ocean Biogeographic Information System.
Occurrence; vertebrate; fish; shark
Who created the resource:
Who can answer questions about the resource:
Who filled in the metadata:
Who else was associated with the resource:
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [-54.97, -81.02], North East [-32.5, -36.24]|
|Start Date / End Date||1966-06-06 / 1983-07-12|
Platform: SHIPS. Instrument: Acoustic Sounders; GPS SONDE.
|Quality Control||Mainly based on observation data during fishery research cruises in the Argentine Sea between 1966 and present.|
Method step description:
- Gosztonyi,A.E. y L.Kuba. 1998. Presencia de Squalus mitsukurii y aspectos de su biologia y la de Squalus acanthias (Chondrichthyes, Squalidae) en aguas argentinas en febrero y junio-julio de 1983. Frente Marítimo 17, sec.A: 49-50. Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Azpelicueta,M.M., y A.E.Gosztonyi. 1998. A redescription of Diplo¬mystes mesembrinus (Siluriformes: Diplomystidae). Re¬vue suisse de Zoologie 105 (4): 901-910.
- Dyer, B.S. y A.E.Gosztonyi. 1999. Systematic revision of the South American silverside fishes of the subgenus Austro menidia (Teleostei, Atherinopsidae, Sorgentinini). Rev. Biol. Mar. Oceanograf. 34(2): 30-70.
- Gosztonyi,A.E. 1977. Results of the research cruises of FRV Walther Herwig to South America. XLVIII. Revision of the South American Zoarcidae (Os¬teichthyes, Blennioidei) with the description of three new genera and five new species. Archiv für Fischereiwi¬ssenschaft 27(3):191-249.
- Gosztonyi,A.E. 1981. Resultados ictiológicos de la primera campaña de investigaciones pesqueras del buque Shinkai Maru en aguas argentinas. Contr. Cient. INIDEP (383):254-266.
- Menni,R.C. y A.E.Gosztonyi. 1982. Benthic and semidemersal fish as-sociations in the Argentine Sea. Studies on Neotropical Fauna and Environment 17:1-29.
marine, harvested by iOBIS